Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wheels

I have started 4 blog posts in 2 days, but have deleted every one....no real info anyway, just a lot of blah blah blah.

There has been a lot of sadness going around lately. So much loss, and my prayers and thoughts go out to all those effected.

In other news, my horses are getting uber fat!  Sassy is going back on a diet especially. She eats until she is ready to explode if given the chance to graze.

I finally got my books packed...so far that is it, but I expect to really bust some butt on that this weekend.  Great way to spend 4th of July. So much to do!

I had sold my jeep so we would have more money for the move,  but decided that I needed to replace it with something else before I spent all the money.  I managed to run across this for a lot less than what I paid for that stupid jeep (that scared the crap out of me every time I drove it).   So I still have money for some of the moving expenses and have me a really nice little ride. Best of all, it has new tires and runs so good I don't think I will have to do anything to it for a long time.



My "new" wheels  - GMC Envoy.
I've got an appt this Saturday for all four horses to get their health cert's and Coggin's tests.  I found a vet who was running a special, so I'm actually getting it all done for a very reasonable price.  This will also be a nice little trial run to see what happens when I put all four horses in the trailer.  Of course Danny and Killian will be at opposite ends.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th!

12 comments:

  1. Happy packing and good luck with the 4-together trailering test-run! I know exactly how it goes to put four in and hope it goes well. When we moved down here we picked Amyra and Thunder up directly from the trainer's place, and Amyra and Rufus had never been in together. They're the two that weigh the least, so I wanted them at the back of the trailer. He's a doll and absolutely non-agressive, but I wasn't so sure how she'd react. We loaded her all the way in the back where she'd be most apt to get the door if she kicked at anybody, and off we went. They actually rode really well, but I was sure dreading that first stop & check we made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure ours will be fine- As long as I keep Trax as the buffer between the big boys. Trax gets a long with anyone. I am hoping that if I load them just like they live in their stalls, it will be just another day. (only a little more cramped)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new car!! Awesome! I wonder if it would be smartest to put danny trax killian and sassy, so that killian feels like he has less competition for sassy? But then that puts him closer to danny! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new ride and think your beasties will be fine in the trailer. Most horses are thinking about their own sweet selves once those things start moving and seldom cause trouble. It's when you stop for rest breaks that they start looking for mayhem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ride! Hope the move goes well

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new vehicle and your travels Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a GMC for years and then gave it to my daughter. It's still running. Good luck with yours. Seems everything is going smoothly with the move so far. Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the best posts end up being when we had nothing important to say at all....just being ourselves is sometimes just good enough.

    Nice SUV! I had two Jeeps....gave one to my son the other to my daughter. We loved ours.....why did it scare you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jeep was an 01' TJ Sahara, with a 4" lift and 33" tires. It has some pretty serious steering issues. We worked on it and took care of some of them, but it always wandered pretty bad and really sucked in on ice. But man it was fun in the mud!

      Delete