I am really starting to love Fridays. It is pretty easy to come up with 5 random things about myself, or about life in general.
Oops almost forgot the link to A Rural Journal
1. As I type this there are ducks flying over head and quacking. I can hear them even though I am inside...or maybe that is someone's ring tone.
2. When I was 20, I was driving in Sierra Vista, through a residential neighborhood. It was a pretty decent neighborhood so I was totally unprepared when an older man, who was severely intoxicated, threw himself in front of the pick up truck I was driving. He literally dove under my tires. I could not stop in time and ran him over with both sets of tires. I did stop and ran out to get help and screamed for some one to call 911. I sure I must have killed him, so imagine my surprise when he got up off the ground and brushed himself off and said, "Well that didn't work so well." The police came and checked him over, he was fine besides being beyond drunk, so they took him in for public intoxication. When they asked him what had happened, he told them that he was trying to commit suicide. They let me leave without even a ticket.
3. I have a very odd rubber worm fetish...(ack! Get your mind out of the gutter!) What I mean is that ever since I was a young girl if there are rubber fishing worms around I can't help but bite them all into little pieces. I am slightly better now that I am older, I can stop after one or two, but there is still something about the way it feels to bite them that I enjoy. Avid fishermen...hate me!
4. As I type this I am seriously nauseous, I can't decide if it is from having red velvet fudge and Red Bull for dinner, nerves, or a stomach bug.
5. Last night we went to Casper Event Center, to see the Jalan Crossland Band play one more time and to watch fireworks. We left before the fireworks started. I have never been a big fan of fireworks. They are kind of boring to me...kind of like air shows. (which in my mind are a complete waste of time)
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th of July!