I have been nominated for my first Liebster Award by one of my most favorite young ladies of the world, Marissa at Horseshoes and Hearts. Thank you for that Marissa. I will do my best on this although my mind seems to be pretty much mush these days, so we will see what comes out!
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are my random facts :
1. I can type almost as fast as I can think, but am also dyslexic so I always have to go back and fix stuff. Thank goodness for spell check!
2. I cannot add in my head to save my life. In fact I suck at all math. In spite of that when I was taking college courses and had to take math classes, I got A's and B's in all of them. I cannot explain why. One thing I know for sure, in my job Excel is my friend.
3. When I was younger I was very artistic, I could draw and paint very well, but some where along the line I lost that talent. I am not sure how or why. Lack of use I guess.
4. I always wanted to be a singer.
5. I lose my keys, glasses, phone, purse or bank card a minimum of 10 times a week.
6. I have a secret passion for western dancing- but have no clue how too.
7. My favorite Christmas song of all time is Jingle Bell Rock
8. If I could eat gravy at every meal- I probably would.
9. I used to make "Indian Spirit Charms" out of the seed pods from a cats claw bush. I would wrap them with leather and add feathers and beads, so that they could hang and looked rather devilish. I called them "Devils Heads" and would sell them for about 20 dollars each along with a great story about how the American Indians would hang them by the entrance of their dwellings to ward off evil spirits. I actually made pretty decent money with them....hey, maybe I should start that again!
10. My favorite fruit is peaches, and my favorite veggie is avocado.
11. I rarely ever drink soda. My reason is that I do not really care for the carbonation. I do like Red Bulls though and usually pour them into an empty water bottle and shake them up till the fizz is gone. Or I'll open them and leave them in the icebox for a day or 2 until they go flat. I do not like to do that with regular soda's though, only Red Bull. Oh and I really love to mix Red Bull with some sort of berry flavored slush...mmmmmm yum!
11 Questions from Marissa:
1. What is your biggest accomplishment with horses?
Answer: That would have to be, hands down, the work I have done with Trax. I am just blown away on a daily basis at how hard he tries for me, and how far we have come...most of it in the last year.
2. Do you have any hobbies apart from horses that you love?
Answer: That would have to be riding motorcycles, and going to yard sales and auctions in search of treasures.
3. What is your ultimate goal that you are working towards with your horses?
Answer: The goal for me is to improve my equitation. When I watch my video's I can see how sloppy I am. My goal for my horse though is Ranch Versatility.
4. What is your favorite tv show?
Answer: Even though I would just assume never turn on a TV again, I am hooked on a few shows. Orphan Black (BBC), Covert Affairs, American Pickers, Franklin & Bash, Unnecessary Roughness, Castle..shows like that. I abhor anything with "gratuitous violence. I don't mind knowing that people get killed in the shows, but I don't need to see every gory detail of it as it happens.
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
Answer: My musical tastes are pretty broad, everything from bluegrass, old country, new country, some hip hop, dance music, and even some heavy metal. I used to be quite the head banger but I'm over it now. But since my son plays in a heavy metal band, I like that I can go and watch him play and tell the difference between if they are playing well or just thrashing around. I say that musical tastes make a full circle.
6. What is your personal love story? (With a husband/boyfriend/ex? If you don't want to go that deep, with a hobby? Or more obviously, with horses?)
Answer: My personal love story is with TC. It was a relationship that started in the most unlikely way, through the most unlikely circumstances. It bloomed into the most amazing friendship, and we are both head over heels in love.
7. What is your favorite love story? (Movie, books, etc?)
Answer: It is a little known story about a guy named Sparky and a girl named Sam. It is not written in any book, or on a movie script. It is written on the sands of time, and only those closest to them, knew of their undying love for each other. It was love at first sight, that was never allowed to be, yet they never stopped loving each other, from their opposite ends of the world. There was a connection that no distance or no passage of time could break. The night of his death she felt a soft breeze consistently brushing her cheek, in spite of the fact that there were no windows open. When she awoke the next morning she knew something was wrong. An hour later she got the call. Sparky had gone on without her. To this day she loves him like no other and it seems as though always at a certain time of year, she will feel the breeze upon her cheek when she sleeps. When she does, she smiles, and lets the warmth of his love wrap around her for just a while. I still get a little teary eyed over those two. They were/are so dear to me. (Yes it is a true story)
8. What is the most important thing to you when looking at a horse boarding facility? (Obviously our horses care is the first and foremost thing. So lets skip that one and be really picky and selfish. So basically what is your favorite thing at your barn that you couldn't live without, or the thing you most wish you had. Lighted arena? Indoor Arena? Covered tack area? Trail access?)
Answer: I have never had to board, so I'm going off what I looked for when we were searching for our perfect horse property to buy. First and foremost was proper housing for the horses, with ample room to move around, shelter from the weather, preferably the ability to go in and out at will. Second was for mental health. Grazing is as much mental as physical so have a pasture to be able to be turned out on was huge. Next was an arena or area to ride and train without having to load up and haul. Third was access to trails. Fourth was bad ass tack room.
9. What is the most lavish thing you have ever had at a barn? Or, considering a lot of us board at something that is awesome for the horse and not so awesome for us, what do you wish you had in your wildest barn dream? (Air conditioned riders lounge? Heated tack area? Showers and lockers for riders? Couches?)
Answer: The most lavish thing I am about to have is my lighted arena and my tack room. I am very excited about that!
10. I think my questions have been pretty awesome, but I'm seriously running out of steam. Did you guys like my questions?
Answer: Yes your questions were pretty good- original.
11. Who is your hero and why?
Answer: This is the hardest question of all. It depends on how you define "Hero". I would consider many of the women who write the blogs I follow to be my hero's. I wish I could be more like many of them. Anyone who has successfully beat their addiction is a hero to me. There are a few young women I have come to know who are absolute hero's to me. They are driven and dedicated to achieving their own dreams and to me that is hero worthy. People who take risks...they are hero's too.
Okay, my nominee's are
(let me just say it is tough to find 11 people who haven't already done this)
My 11 Questions for them are:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. Do you have a bucket list and if so, name one thing off of it?
3. When you aren't doing equine stuff- what is your favorite past time?
4. Your favorite guilty pleasure?
5. Tell us about the love of your life (2 legged or 4 legged, past or present)
6. What goals do you have for your and your horse(s)
7. Do you have one ride of your life that was the most memorable? Can you tell us about it?
8. Dogs or Cats? (or both)
9. What is your first reaction if you see a snake? How about a mouse?
10. How do you feel about roller coasters?
11. Favorite Movie of all time (I know, lame but I am running out of questions)