Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas to all my dear blogging friends!


It is Christmas morning, I got the turkey on the smoker about 2 hours later than I should have, and the cat keeps trying to tear down my tree.  No matter though, it is a beautiful day in the desert.  The ponies are in the pasture each with a pile of hay since the grass is pretty much gone right now.  They are quite happy.

The dogs all got a little extra in their bowls this morning.  We have opened presents already. Didn't take long, as this year was small and private. I got TC a neat little book called The Secret Lives of Dogs, which he seems to be very excited about.  Simon got what he has always wanted. A little motorcycle.  A "Vintage" 1986 Honda CT110.  They are unloading it from the back of the pick up as I type this.



But presents isn't really what Christmas is about.  It is about family and friends and they shall all be descending upon us a little later today.

We took a nice ride yesterday which was my Christmas present to myself.  The weather was unbelievably nice.  I was able to ride in short sleeves.





Simon is trying not to break his neck while breaking off some dead limbs for his fire pit. 
I tried out the Easy Boot Trails, yesterday, but will go into that more later on.

For now, it is time to get my butt in to cook mode!

Mostly though I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas, and hope you are spending time with loved ones.

3 comments: