Well here it is Friday already, time flies when you are unemployed and just sort wandering through your days!
Linking up to Nancy at a Rural Journal for Random Five Friday.
1. I finally found my camera cord and so now I have pictures to post. Check it out...I have flowers
2. Every day at 6pm I go to watch my son's football practice. I never used to enjoy it this, but this year he has great coaches who are really pushing these boys to learn the skills needed to win. It is a blast to watch him push himself beyond the limits of what he ever thought he could do.
3. Every morning I take at least 5 min on my front porch to sit and drink my coffee and do my own form of meditation. I give thanks for what I have, and just take the world in around me. It is my favorite part of the day.
4. As I type this, TC has the local news on. He tends to do this every morning. I hate watching the news, it is so depressing. In fact I am not even enjoying having cable TV again. I was quite enjoying not having any TV at all. There for I chose not to watch much.
5. Yesterday I was very happy for the hot temps we have here. TC and I left one of the gates to the dog yard open. Then a little later let all the dogs out to potty. I happened to step out front a little bit later to find 3 out of 4 dogs at the front gate (which was shut) begging to come inside where it was cool. Mason, of course, was not one of those 3. I saw him over in the empty horse pen trying to jump up to get the fly trap bag I had just hung up this morning. By time I got the other 3 put away and headed after him he was headed down the road. I tired whistling and calling to him, although I know he can't hear me so I'm not sure why I tried that. It was funny to watch him though because I could tell that he was totally questioning in his own mind whether or not he wanted to continue on his jaunt in the heat. I finally got his attention by waving my arms around in the air. As soon as he saw me, he came running. "OH mom, thank you for saving me, it is too hot to go exploring today!" Usually he runs the other way. I was glad he didn't this time because I really didn't feel like chasing him.